Saturday, January 14, 2017

Spoony's Gaslighting Extravaganza! True tales of torture and denial!

Partly to make up for not publishing anything for some time, here's a very unusually long (two-part) video with a gripping story, which I think I've succeeded at making somewhat uplifting and entertaining:
In 2003, I was horribly tortured, drugged, etc., with devastating effects on my sense of identity. My mom and boyfriend disowned me unless I pretended it didn't happen. After even more gaslighting, I wound up in a mental institution, where I was physically attacked and humiliated further, treated as though my reaction to being traumatized was a form of psychosis.

On this channel, I want to share with people the amazing things I've learned about the mind. This is no exception!

I made sure to include an informative catching-up and introduction segment, in which I hope to explain the relevance of these past experiences to the content of this channel. If you just want to get to the beginning of the story, go to 23:52.

If you are hoping for a transcript, well, not yet, but... it's forthcoming!

The neighbor's cat, by the way, is named Chester.

If I'd been tortured and imprisoned in a POW camp, that would have been one thing. Instead, it happened under more insidious circumstances where the pain and suffering could be blamed on me.

In this second part of the story, the sheer level of denial will astound you.

It even includes the story where Bill turns around in his seat in order to avoid acknowledging that the car is careening across lanes!



By the end of this, I hope that many of you are doing your own version of the "negativity dance". Boogie down!

With all the Facebook comments I've been getting about how people are anticipating these new videos, I'm surprised no one has 'liked' or commented on either of the links in the past 12 hours. I was hoping to add that to this blog post, but, nothing so far.

[Edit: That changed while I was writing this post. And here is a comment I liked from Boe DuRansier:
Difficult to watch but incredibly important. You could, and should, become the voice for all those who have endured and suffered in silence simply because the one(s) who hurt them had better credentials. 
And, I promise, I really will make transcripts for these videos, now that they are done. They are certainly transcript-worthy!]

Now that I have all this out of the way, I'll get back to making shorter videos with more whiteboard and more "aliens"! There are already two I've been working on....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Spoony. Much anticipated and appreciated.
    Received here in Bangkok at 06:00 on my sixty-third birthday. I regard it as a far superior gift to a new President.
    I will save and savor it over the next few days, pal. I am unaccustomedly alcohol hazed due to celebration with my step daughter (et al), who achieved the delightful age of twenty-five the previous day.
    I believe the deal of effort and soul searching involved in your creation is deserving of some careful attention.
    In the words of the Immortal Mr
    Natural, " Keep on truckin' ".
    Mystical, spiritual love your way from the Land of Buddha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bill! Glad I can be of some company as it were, on your birfday

    ReplyDelete