Sunday, April 23, 2017

...So, here's what I've been doing, and here's what I'm about to do!

Aaand, my health took a sudden brief downturn. But I'm fine now.

I am planning to do more videos very soon, after I'm done extensively blogging for some time. When I say extensively, I mean, massively, with plenty of scientific citations. That's why I've been calling it 'my big post'.
` It's so big I'm dividing it into Parts 1 and 2, and these will be important to this blog, my videos, and my podcast for which this blog is named, and which I still cannot access to put on the internet for you to hear. That's one of the next things on my to-do list.

Another thing, I want to admit that since I did this video at the piano, I began to have such difficulty in keeping my balance that I had to stop practicing almost altogether until a month or so ago. I discovered that if I switch the pedal extension to the left side and then press my right foot up against a cushion that's wedged under the piano -- and remove my pants -- I can actually keep my balance.
` So, I made a video of myself showing my new way of piano-ing -- without pants! I was wearing a dress. I'm also glad to report that I am getting better at keeping my balance in other instances of sitting down, especially now that my pants have all mysteriously gotten bigger again. Strange how that happens. Must be the "Underwater UFO" Aliens.

This resumed piano practice hasn't been taking up huge amounts of time, so much as it takes some amount of energy away from blogging and everything else. But it's worth it. What's probably taken up more time are the little errands and other adventures I've gone on, such as today, upon which Matt and I returned with a shrubbery *orchestra hit*!
` For another recent adventure, we attended a Seattle Skeptic's Meetup. This time; The Humane League And The Horrible of Industrial Farming. Most animals in the U.S. are killed for human consumption, the vast majority suffer terribly as cogs in a factory farming machine.
` Now that's another subject for a blog post, but again, I must press on with my original course: More and better (and generally not-so-big) blog posts and videos! Speaking of, I've gotten a few more lovely videos to go on YouTube, including lots of rainbows, and one of the blooming cherry blossoms overlooking Lake Washington.

As for what I said last time, the whole getting eight uninterrupted hours of sleep for the first time in years was a prelude to a sudden inability to stay awake or alert for two days. I forgot the idea of finishing the post on Bicycle Day, or even 4-20.
` Thankfully, this fatigue didn't have to do with whatever was living in my sinuses for two months: It was more a blip in my internal chemistry, which resulted in extreme exhaustion, muscle soreness, and inability to brain. I was, at least, able to get my mind working well enough to destroy thousands of tiny weeds when the sun was out. Productive, and meditative rather than mentally taxing.
` Yesterday, Matt and I even failed to go to the March For Science, even though we had been enthusiastic about it until the day before. Both of us were exhausted and not much up for being out in the rain for hours. Instead, I stayed inside and did some more writing, and later when the sun came out, we had a nice walk among the ducks, crows, hummingbirds and spring blossoms.

A little bit more of my time is taken up by software-related 'fun'. Just last night, I had two tabs open that had several links on them, and that information would be stored in my Firefox browser history. I closed Firefox to restart the computer to install some updates, thinking it probably wouldn't screw anything up.
` Strangely, it did: I couldn't open Firefox because one of its files was somehow missing from this computer. This had happened before, and I'd solved it by reinstalling Firefox. Which I did several times, didn't work, so I installed Chrome.
` It works really well.
` Firefox isn't installing with Chrome either, so I'll just use Chrome, and take the minor setback of losing two tabs. What would be worse would be if I lost access to my WordPad document which has plenty more sources and notes, for the next several blog posts.
` Which happened -- temporarily:
` Due to my enormous amounts of writing/research, the file had gotten so big that this computer's WordPad couldn't quite handle it; neither could Google Docs. I emailed it to Matt and his computer opened it in 10 seconds, then he copied and pasted the text into an email and sent it back to me.
` I divided that up into three sections, so at last I can go back to writing, as I was doing yesterday. Assuming that nothing else annoying happens, Part 1 should be up really, really soon, since it is practically finished, and Part 2 only needs a small amount of work so should be up shortly thereafter.

Along with these blog posts will be my next (very short!) video, most of which I took when it snowed in February. So, I'll be moving from winter, then to spring blossoms, and then to fall colors, because I took many videos back then as well. Let's just put it this way; time will not be linear on my YouTube channel!
` I can't wait to get back to it, I love feeling healthy and I'm tired of feeling sick! I probably won't have time to do any writing tomorrow, due to another adventure I've got planned, but I don't have any other foreseeable delays. The ball keeps threatening to start rolling, and I think this time it just may.

No comments:

Post a Comment